Thursday 6 October 2022

The birth and evolution of Minerals Engineering journal

I had the honour of being invited to the IMPC Asia Pacific 2022 conference in Melbourne in August, to present a keynote lecture on the birth and evolution of Minerals Engineering journal. This was to acknowledge my 35 years with the journal, since its foundation in 1988 to the passing of the Editor-in-Chief baton to Dr. Pablo Brito-Parada this year (posting of 25 July).

I would like to take this opportunity to thank sincerely the organisations and individuals who provided funding for me to travel to Australia for this event:  Elsevier Science, CSIRO, Gekko Systems and Ralph Holmes and Robin Batterham of the International Mineral Processing Council.

I would also like to thank the AusIMM for recording the lecture and agreeing to make it available to a general audience. The recording is now on YouTube. I hope you will find it interesting, as my 35 years with the journal have certainly been interesting and challenging- a real roller-coaster ride.

@barrywills

4 comments:

  1. Barry, I watched Youtube and must compliment you for so many aspects: made us salute those pioneers in mining and, the growth of many aspects of the development of machines, the birth, and growth of the Journal, and interaction with plant people--hope youngsters get the message; I also keep on telling that "FUTURE OF MINERAL INDUSTRY" is so exciting.
    Your trait of shooting straight is telling. Congratulations on the Honour of giving an invited talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the youtube link Barry - enthralling presentation. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf