Monday 8 August 2011

Metplant '11 off to a good start




I am in Perth this week for the 2-day Metplant 2012, organised by the AusIMM.

I arrived just after midnight on Saturday morning, and had a leisurely weekend, including a pleasant pub lunch yesterday with the Maelgwyn Mineral Services team.

It is only 2 months ago since my last visit, but prices here have continued to rise to crazy heights. On Saturday night I ate at an Indian Restaurant, but was staggered by the bill of AUD57 (£38) for a curry and a small beer, roughly twice what I would expect to pay in UK.

But enough of the whinging pom. Metplant got off to a fine start this morning, with a high turnout. MEI is the media sponsor, and my conference diary will be published on the blog at the end of the week.

1 comment:

  1. Also about two & a half times what I would expect to pay in Brisbane !!

    ReplyDelete

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf