Thursday 26 September 2024

The IMPC is only 3 days away

Tomorrow I take the night sleeper to London, then on to Heathrow for the 8 hour flight to Washington D.C. for the XXXI IMPC- International Mineral Processing Congress, organised by the SME (Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration).

The IMPC's have a 2-year cycle, but due to Covid disruption next week's IMPC, at National Harbor, Maryland, will be the first since Moscow in 2018 and the first for me since 2016 in Quebec City. The Congress has the theme Mineral Processing for the Energy Transition, addressing how mineral processing is playing an increasingly important role in securing the cost-effective supply of a wide range of minerals for a sustainable and stable future.

Over 800 mineral processors are expected and I am looking forward to meeting as many as possible. MEI is a media partner and I will be publishing a report on the blog on October 14th, so do stop me to say hello and let me have your latest news. I will also be calling at the 23 exhibition booths to report on the latest developments in equipment and services.

It will be impossible for me to report on the papers in the technical sessions. Over 400 have been accepted for presentation, and these are in an array of parallel sessions, but I will report briefly on the plenary and keynote presentations.

It's not too late to register- it's not often that so many mineral processors get together- and there will be much to look forward to at the Congress, including the presentations of the prestigious awards of the International Mineral Processing Council.

#IMPC2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf