Sunday 26 February 2023

Sunday in Denver

 I arrived in Denver yesterday afternoon and due to the 7 hours time difference I was up and about early this morning, walking the short distance from the Curtis Hotel to the Convention Centre to register early.

As always I met up for coffee with Rob Dunne, who was on the Editorial Board of Minerals Engineering on its inception 35 years ago. Rob is now a semi-retired consultant in Perth, Australia and is passionate about mentoring young people in our industry, something which he is much involved with at Curtin University. Rob is involved with the SME’s Mineral Processing Division’s Awards Committee and is also involved with next year’s International Mineral Processing Congress, which will be held in Washington DC and organised by SME. 

I then spent a few hours strolling along 16th Street, to the Capitol Building and on the way back spotting Daniel Gleeson and Phil Playle of International Mining enjoying the 16C weather on the 16th Street Mall.

Daniel and Phil enjoying the balmy weather 

After a quick lunch it was back to the hotel ready for the late afternoon exhibition opening. I will publish my report on the event early next week.

#MINEXCHANGE2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf