Sunday 14 July 2019

Who said cricket was boring?

When Groucho Marx was taken to a cricket match at Lords in 1954 he said "what a wonderful cure for insomnia. If you can't sleep here, you really need an analyst".  How times have changed!
Today was a wonderful sunny day in Cornwall, ideal for walking the cliffs or cycling around Falmouth, but I did what I thought I would never do- spend 10 hours glued to the TV to watch a drama unfold. It was of course the incredible World Cup Final between England and New Zealand, which England won by the finest of margins.
Well done England, and many commiserations New Zealand- it must rank as one of the greatest games ever played.
And I believe there was also a major tennis final today- sorry I missed that.
Photo: bbc.co.uk
 

1 comment:

  1. It was indeed a nail biting finish; Well done England.

    ReplyDelete

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf