Tuesday 19 February 2013

Acclimatisation in Colorado's Rocky Mountains

Barbara and I are in our favourite American town, the Victorian gold mining town of Breckenridge, 9600 ft (2900m) high in the Colorado Rockies. We are here for nine days before descending to Denver, the "mile-high city" for next week's SME Annual meeting.


My first SME was in Denver in 1987, and I have missed very few since then, attending meetings not only in Denver but also in Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Reno, Albuquerque and Cincinnati.

But Denver is my favourite venue, not only for the pre-conference skiing in the nearby mountains, but also because Denver has one of the best Downtown areas in any American city, with great restaurants and amenities.

Barbara and I leave Breckenridge on Sunday for registration and the opening of the exhibition.

My report on the event is scheduled for publication on the blog on March 1st, so if you are at the meeting next week, and have any innovative mineral processing news, please try to let me know in advance.

There will be regular updates on the SME on Twitter (@barrywills), the latest of which can be seen in the right-hand column of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf