Tuesday 5 October 2010

Congratulations Cyril O'Connor

Great to hear of my old friend Cyril O'Connor's award today in MEI Online.

Cyril and I go back a long way.  I first met him in 1982 when I went out to Cape Town to develop and present the first mineral processing syllabus for the Chemical Engineering department of the University. Cyril was a young(ish) lecturer who sat in on my lectures. It's also good to know that (no thanks to me!) the department has evolved, under his guidance, into one of the most respected mineral processing institutes in the world, and Cyril is now Chairman of the International Mineral Processing Council.

See if you can spot me and Cyril in the photo below, the UCT chemical engineering staff and final year students of 1982.  Double click the image for the full size photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf