Saturday 12 September 2009

Conference Memories- NATO Conference, Falmouth, 1986























Enthused by my experiences at the NATO conference in Turkey
I thought it might be a good idea to organise something similar, so a colleague of mine, Bob Barley, and I put together a 2-week NATO ASI Mineral Processing at a Crossroads which ran in Falmouth in April 2006.
It was a great fortnight, and I met for the first time people who would become respected colleagues and friends over the following years, notably Jim Finch, the late Gilles Barbery, Alban Lynch, Pom Somasundaran, Jim Watson, Richard Williams and many more.
Photos, from top:
  • Richard Mozley, Roger Parker, Steve Boyes, L. Lazaridis
  • NATO group at St. Mawes
  • Gulhan Ozbayoglu, Irfan Bayraktar, Savi Ozbayoglu, and me at Bassett Mines, Camborne
  • At the conference hotel: Geoff & Sandra Slater, Barbara Wills, Derek Ottley, John Monhemius, Wally Kop, Les Adorjan and Steve Boyes
  • The full NATO Group

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf