Thursday 12 November 2009

Face from the past



The first speaker this morning was Barun Gorain, of Barrick Gold Corporation, Canada. His name was familiar to me, but I wasn't aware that we had met exactly 20 years ago in India.
I spent two weeks at the Indian School of Mines in Dhanbad in 1989, lecturing to final year students, and Barun was in that group!
During my stay the staff and students had a picnic and impromptu cricket match at Maithon. In the photo below, Barun can just be seen, 3rd from the right. I am in the middle, signing the cricket bat!
Barrick Gold are sponsors of Precious Metals '10, so I hope to see Barun again in Falmouth next June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf