Saturday 19 September 2009

Conference Memories- SME Fall Meeting, St. Louis, 1986

The first time that I ever presented a paper at a conference was in September 1986 at the SME Fall Meeting in St. Louis. It was also my first visit to the USA.
I don't remember much of the conference, apart from meeting Prof. John Ralston for the first time. John was one of the first people that I invited to join the editorial board of Minerals Engineering in 1987, and he was a fine reviewer who resigned only two years ago, due to pressure of work and to allow for new blood. He is currently director of the prestigious Ian Wark Research Institute at the University of Adelaide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf