Thursday 6 December 2018

Prof. Doug Fuerstenau: 90 years old today

On behalf of us all I would like to wish Prof. Douglas Fuerstenau all the very best wishes on the occasion of his 90th birthday today.
Prof. Fuerstenau is one of the 20th and early 21st century 'greats' of mineral processing, and three years ago I had the honour of interviewing him for the MEI Blog (posting of 20 July 2015).
In his long life as a mineral processor he has received numerous prestigious awards, his latest being the IMPC's Distinguished Service Award (posting of 19 September). Unfortunately he was unable to travel to Moscow to receive the award, but it will be presented in Denver in February, during the International Symposium in his honour (posting of 26 July). I expect many mineral processors to be in Denver for this event, which is part of the SME Annual Meeting. I will certainly be there to report for MEI.
Twitter @barrywills

2 comments:

  1. Dear Prof. Fuerstenau,
    Pl accept my HEARTY BIRTHDAY GREETINGS.I WISH YOU MANY MORE YEARS OF HAPPY,HEALTHY AND --YEARS TO COME.
    KEEP INSPIRING THE NEW GENERATION OF MINERAL ENGINEERS.
    BEST WISHES,
    Rao,T.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birth day Prof. Fuerstenau.

    DMR Sekhar

    ReplyDelete

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf