Friday 5 August 2016

It's business as usual with Minerals Engineering

Minerals Engineering first went online in 2005 via the Elsevier Electronic Submission (EES) system. The transition from dealing with manuscripts by email to EES was smooth and painless and during the last 11 years I have refined the system to our needs and it has served us very well.
I am sure that many of you are aware that Elsevier is now phasing out EES and replacing it with EVISE, an enhanced system for submissions. The EVISE system went online for Minerals Engineering on July 20th and Associate Editor Pablo Brito-Parada and I have identified some areas of concern, which has lead to some delay in dealing with in-flow of manuscripts.
I am pleased to inform you that Elsevier has agreed to revert to EES until these problems have been alleviated, and papers can now be submitted as usual via the journal's EES website.
I can assure you that business is as usual and Pablo and I will be working with Elsevier to identify and refine the EVISE system, and I apologise for any inconvenience experienced by authors during the past couple of weeks.
Twitter @barrywills

2 comments:

  1. Whatever may be the system, please make it user friendly.
    Rao,T.C.

    ReplyDelete

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf