Friday 19 December 2014

Christmas Mining Sundowner

Around a dozen hardy souls braved the atrocious weather last night to attend the last Sundowner of the year in Falmouth's Chain Locker.

It is many years since I last saw Colin Belshaw, who made his debut last night. He was my squash nemesis in the late 1970s, knocking me off the number 1 spot in the Camborne School of Mines squash team during his undergraduate days. Colin graduated in 1978, and after an interesting career as a mining engineer is now retired, which makes me feel very old. I hope to see him at future events, as he is living fairly close by, in a small village between Truro and Falmouth.

With Colin Belshaw and Paul Norris (centre)
 

With Colin in 1977
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf