Saturday 17 April 2010

The Great Adventures begin

There was much activity this morning at the Vineyard, as European conference delegates searched for potential ways of returning home, avoiding the ash from the Icelandic volcano.  There are likely to be some interesting travel stories over the next few days (or weeks!) which I hope to report on the blog.

Amanda and Jon are scheduled to leave for the UK tomorrow night, via Dubai, but it looks increasingly unlikely.

Barbara and I have another week in the Cape.  This morning we left the Vineyard by car, and called at the Mount Nelson Hotel for morning coffee, before driving up to Bloubergstrand, with its famous view of Table Mountain.

1 comment:

  1. I hope I get to come home!
    and congratulations on your work!

    ReplyDelete

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf