Saturday 12 December 2009

Old Cornish Friends

Barbara and I have just spent a very pleasant afternoon in the old tin mining town of Redruth, with 60 members of the CSM Association, for the annual Christmas lunch.

It was good to catch up with old friends, including my old mineral processing colleague at CSM, Jim Turner (left).
Jim is now in his 80s, and the photo below shows Jim with two other octogenarians, who I first met on the staff when I arrived at CSM in 1974, John Shrimpton, head of mining, and Ron Hooper, head of surveying.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Barry,

    Nice to see some old faces from my time at CSM (1984) and especially Jim Turner (Senior). Still out in Mauritania with RedBack. Looking forward to my pint of Doombar next week when on leave.

    Cheers
    Jim Turner (Junior!)

    ReplyDelete

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf