Monday 30 November 2009

Catching up with news in Knysna


A very relaxing weekend in Knysna, although the weather is not too great.

Celebrated my 64th birthday today and caught up with news and emails. Skyped Amanda, who leaves for a week's business in Barcelona this afternoon. Jon is enjoying sand-surfing in Namibia.

Today is the official deadline for abstracts for Comminution '10, so I have been busy acknowledging receipt of those received today. We will be putting the programme together in late December, so it is definitely not too late for abstract submissions.

I see that Stephan Harrison has added an interesting comment to my post of November 23rd.

I read with interest the obituary to Prof. Jan Leja on MEI Online. What an incredible life he had. Although I never met him personally I knew of his work, and used his book The Surface Chemistry of Flotation during my early years at Camborne School of Mines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf